Cincinnati sports cannot get off the schneid. Neither the Bengals or the Reds have won a playoff series this century.
Reds last playoff series win came in 1995 (swept Dodgers).
- 2010 – returned to playoffs after a 14 year absence. In Game 1 vs the Phillies, Roy Halladay threw a no hitter. Reds would lose the series 3-0.
- 2012 – Went to San Francisco, and won Games 1 and 2 vs the Giants. Up 2-0, Reds lose three straight home games to lose the series.
- 2013 – Lost the one game Wild Card round to the Pirates.
- 2020 – Scored ZERO run in 22 innings and were swept in a best of three series to the Braves (who had previously lost 10 straight playoff series).
There is also 1999 – Reds played in a one game playoff at the end of the regular season against the Mets, to determine who would claim the final playoff spot. Reds lost 5-0 at home and had just 2 hits.
In football, Bengals have lost 8 straight playoff games, with their last win coming in 1990! They beat the Oilers 41-14 in the first round, before losing to the Raiders in the second round.
That losing streak includes a stretch of 5 consecutive Wild Card losses between 2011-2015 and a total of 4 home games.
- 2005 – Lost 31-17 to Steelers. 2005 snapped a 14 year playoff drought. Carson Palmer threw one pass and had his knee taken out by Steelers DL Kimo von Oelhoffen
- 2009 – Lost 24-14 to Jets.
- 2011 – Lost 31-10 to Texans. First playoff appearance and win for the Texans, who started TJ Yates at QB. This was Andy Dalton’s rookie season.
- 2012 – Lost 19-13 to Texans
- 2013 – Lost 27-10 to Chargers.
- 2014 – Lost 26-10 to Colts.
- 2015 – Lost 18-16 to Steelers. AJ McCarron started at QB for Bengals, who imploded with penalties towards the end of the game. Bengals scored all 16 points in the 4th quarter, but a Steelers field goal with a few seconds left gave them the win.
Cheers to Cincinnati sports fans. Especially, those old enough to remember the last playoff wins in the 1990s.