Mike Schneid presents his 2021 NFL Mock Draft for Thursday’s first round.
Over the last two years, here is how Mike has done on his mock drafts
- 7 correct (team + pick)
- 17 right team/right position
- 24/32 first rounders
- 5 completely correct (right team and pick #)
- 7 correct team (7 correct team ties with Mel Kiper, is one more than Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller (one less than Todd McShay and two less than Daniel Jeremiah from NFL Network))
- 13 right position/right team
- 24/32 first rounders
|1||Jaguars||Trevor Lawrence||QB, Clemson|
|2||Jets||Zach Wilson||QB, BYU|
|3||49ers||Mac Jones||QB, Alabama|
|4||Falcons||Kyle Pitts||TE, Florida|
|5||Bengals||Ja’Marr Chase||WR, LSU|
|6||Dolphins||Penei Sewell||OT, Oregon|
|7||Patriots**||Justin Fields||QB, Ohio State|
|8||Panthers||Rashawn Slater||OT, Northwestern|
|9||Broncos||Trey Lance||QB, North Dakota St|
|10||Cowboys||Patrick Surtain II||CB, Alabama|
|11||Giants||Azeez Ojulari||Edge, Georgia|
|12||Eagles||Jaycee Horn||CB, South Carolina|
|13||Chargers||Alijah Vera-Tucker||OL, USC|
|14||Vikings||Micah Parsons||LB, Penn State|
|15||Lions**||Jaylen Waddle||WR, Alabama|
|16||Cardinals||DeVonta Smith||WR, Alabama|
|17||Raiders||Zaven Collins||LB, Tulsa|
|18||Dolphins||Jaelen Philips||Edge, Miami|
|19||Football Team||Christian Darrisaw||OL, Virginia Tech|
|20||Bears||Rashod Bateman||WR, Minnesota|
|21||Colts||Tevan Jenkins||OL, Oklahoma State|
|22||Titans||Caleb Farley||CB, Virginia Tech|
|23||Jets||Kwity Paye||Edge, Michigan|
|24||Steelers||Najee Harris||RB, Alabama|
|25||Jaguars||Jayson Oweh||Edge, Penn State|
|26||Browns||Jamin Davis||LB, Kentucky|
|27||Ravens||Kadarius Toney||WR, Florida|
|28||Saints||Greg Newsome II||CB, Northwestern|
|29||Packers||Asante Samuel Jr||CB, Florida St|
|30||Bills||Tyson Campbell||CB, Georgia|
|31||Ravens||Christian Barmore||DT, Alabama|
|32||Bucs||Davis Mills||QB, Stanford|
Notes and takeaways
- Obviously there will be more than one trade on Thursday, but I have only one mocked – Patriots and Lions swapping picks, so New England to get their QB.
- I think the Patriots and Broncos ultimately end up with the other 2 QBs (after Jaguars, Jets, 49ers). I’d be surprised if Lions or Panthers were in on them.
- Justin Fields is my QB2. I would take him if I was Jets or 49ers, but that seems to be a shared thought among many so it’s not worth crying about.
- I would be shocked if Greg Newsome was on the board at 28. I can see the Saints, or someone else, trading up to get him. I can also see him going ahead of Caleb Farley as CB3 (I had that initially), but the Titans need a corner and have a history of risk-taking in the draft so they seem like the right team to end his fall.
- If I was the Bengals, I would take Sewell without hesitation. But I am not the Bengals and they are not a franchise that often uses common sense.
- My best players not included in round 1 – WRs Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Terrace Marshall Jr, OL Alex Leatherhead, Edge Joseph Ossai and Carlos Basham Jr, S Trevon Moehrig
- I would have loved to include Moehrig, but I don’t think the league values safeties as much as they should and a run of cornerbacks at the end of the round, limited Moehrig’s spots.
- Bucs are impossible to mock. They are running it back with all 22 starters and have key depth at many spots. QB does make sense, assuming Brady retires before he is 50. Taking Mills in round one, allows the Bucs to have him under contract for potentially 5+ years, as opposed to 4 years drafting him Friday.